View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:06 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Depth of Field 
Designer & Moderator

Post Re: Depth of Field
Dutch Wonderland is an amusement park. It's about 20 per person to get in and its is geared to the younger kids. We did have plans of trying it out this year and Nicoli would be able to enjoy it, however once hubby got laid off that was a trip we cancelled. Since it is really close by and we can go there whenever we decided to do the beach instead this year. HOpefully things will be better next year and we can go. We also want to do Chocolate World in Hershey which is even closer and free. :) We will be doing that this September on a day after ARabella gets home from school. :) Hershey Park wil be a while before we attempt that as both of my kids are very small they will be unable to get on any rides really even most of the kiddie ones. They have signs out front to measure and neither child makes it on any except1. The park I was hoping to take them to I can not anymore and they took it down 2 years ago. Williams Grove Amusement Park. It had started to get real run down and so they tore it down. It was perfect for the kids and 5 minutes from home. Oh well. Now it is a flea market now.

Diane love the layout. Great hairdoes. :)

BTW, Sonya I need to do some checking here, but for some odd reason I've been on the site daily except last night and this is the first I saw that there was more posts on this topic. Wonder what is happening? Happens in most of the threads.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:04 am
Friend

Thanks Sonya, Ellie, and Marcie for your comments! Marcie, like my DH's hairdo??--he was jealous of my long hair!! :lol: :lol: Boy, I didn't have to date this layout, did I???? And thanks, Marcie, for answering about Dutch Wonderland. I thought I had heard it was more like a big theme park now. I wonder if they still have all those cutesy props?

Have you done Chocolate World before? That is really fun. I remember years ago going there on my 11th grade trip when it was just the chocolate factory - no fancy Chocolate World name. And, back then, you walked through the actual factory. The Chocolate World now has cars you ride in to view the displays and see how things are made--it's more commercialized now but still nice. I think I have a photo (from the first trip there--and hope it's just not in my mind!!) of the long thin rows of kisses rolling out wrapped and falling into a bin. I don't remember the tour being as detailed at Chocolate World.

And I think it was at Chocolate World (not in the park) where I had a pic taken of my younger son and my friend's daughter sitting on a Hershey kiss streetlight - it looks like they are sitting up high above the street! That would be a cute photo to have taken of Arabella and Nicoli - so check to see if they still do it there! For those that don't know, the town of Hershey has actual streetlights that look like chocolate kisses.

That's a shame about that Williams Grove amusement park -- guess it was TOO convenient!! Marcie, did I ask you before if you have ever gone to Knoebels Amusement Park? That was a nice little park but seemed like it took forever from my house. We went to our friend's house in WestChester, PA (which is about an hour drive, and from there it seemed like another 3-4 hours, as we had to take a lot of smaller roads - don't think the Turnpike went too close! Believe the town is Elysburg, :?: PA).

Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:23 am
Designer & Moderator

I remember those boys with the longer hair from way back when, but I was just a kid then. It does bring back memories for me though. :)

Dutch Wonderland is still small and like an amusement park. I've actually never been there not even as a kid so I can not compare it. But my friends tell me it is better than Williams Grove, but not as big as Hershey. I do believe it was Chocolate World that had those kisses. Now chocolate World is even bigger since they redid it about 2 years ago. The ride through the "fake chocolate factory" is still there, but revamped with more animation and a picture as you come out. And now the seats are smaller no more 10 people in one car. They have other activities there now too, but you have to pay for it per activity. The big sourvenir shop is gone and they have a little one now.

Yes the town has Hershey Kisses Streetlights and it smells of chocolate. They also have the Hershey outlets too.

I have been near Knoebels when we went to the Red Deer Farm. I didn't know it was there. It is North of us and did take a few hours to get to. I've heard it better priced than Hershey and more little kid orientation like Dutch, but better than Dutch. No the turnpike does not go up there but 81 does.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:01 pm
Friend

If I remember correctly, I don't think Knoebels had an admission fee and the parking was free, too. I do remember playing minature golf there and going into the shops and they seemed to have quite a few rides, too. It was pleasant to see, but don't know if I'd want to take that drive there again!

It's been quite a few years since I've been to Hershey Park/Chocolate World. Guess it's about time to visit again since Choc.World is bigger, it's probably better! When we toured the old factory, they gave candy bars out at the end; in Choc.World, they only gave you about 3 Hershey's kisses! I do remember the building smelling like chocolate heaven, though! Also, didn't know they had outlets there either. I think my younger son was about 4 last time I was there, and he's 20 now, so it has been a while!! I stand corrected; I just reread your post and I have been there since then, because I think I have a picture that was taken on the ride out of CWorld. So maybe it was only about 11 years since I've been there rather than 16!

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:17 pm
Designer & Moderator

LOL DIane. Did a cow take your picture? It does now.

If you come let me know, It would be great to meet you.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:24 pm
Designer & Moderator

Mmmm!...Chocolate heaven! Sounds delicious. One day, Bree & I will take a trip to that Hershey Park. We're the 2 in my family that are chocolate lovers.

My Blog
My Sum Scrapper Store

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:30 am
Friend

Marcie wrote:
LOL DIane. Did a cow take your picture? It does now.

If you come let me know, It would be great to meet you.

Marcie, we did have a photo taken of the three kids (my 2 and my friend's daughter), as well as the one on the Chocolate World ride, but can't remember "who" took it - probably was not a cow, as I think I would remember that!

I would like to go again, not necessarily for the park, but for the "new" Chocolate World and the outlets I didn't know they had! I'd love to meet you, too, so I will be sure to let you know if I plan to. I assume they are open all year even though the park probably isn't?

And, Ellie, please let me/us know if you and Bree will be visiting there one of these days, too. Don't want to miss meeting up with you!

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:38 am
Designer & Moderator

It would be great to have both of you here. :)

The outlets are open year round. They are outside so beware of the cold. And it has a Hershey's Ice Cream place in there too. Not taht I want that when it's snowing, but I've seen some people in there!

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:58 pm
Designer & Moderator

Sonya sorry I highjacked your thread. But I have a photo!

Okay I can't attach it here. THere is no attachment option? What happened?

Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:27 pm
Owner & Super Moderator

Oh dear....let me see what I can do.

Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next