View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Illustrator 
Friend

Post Re: Illustrator
msbrad wrote:
I got it, no clue how to use it.
There was talk about it in a thread over at DSA. Shall look to see if, I booked the link.
m

I'm with you Michi - I have the whole CS3 Creative Suite and haven't even learned Photoshop yet! :o

CarolZ wrote:
Ellie,
Be sure to check out Academic Superstore. If you have anyone in your family who is a student K-college, or if you are a teacher (I can't remember), you can get huge discounts. Don't pay full price for it. ;)

Gee, Carol, I didn't realize you can use "any year student" from K-college. I just got my Suite last year thru my son being in college (ordered from JourneyEd.com). Plus, I thought it had to be related to the curriculum (sp?) - he's doing Game Design and needed to take Photoshop & Illustrator classes. You mean I could've had Photoshop years ago at such a reasonable price??????? I "may have" been another Dave Cross or Scott Kelby by now!! :lol:

Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:48 pm
Friend

LOL, yep any student. You get a bigger discount for a college student but you still get a really great discount for an elem school kid. I used my third-grader :-)

Image Image

Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:25 pm
Bingo Mistress

OK....Sometimes I take the back road...Just finished a college photography weekend course thru Indian River State College, Florida...also I will be enrolling in the fall for a 16 week Photography program....are you telling me I can get CS4 at a student rate?????

Canon Rebel XS
18-55 AF IS F/3.5-5.6; 18-200 AF F/3.5-6.3 XR
Canon Power Shot XS100 IS 10x optical

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand......author unknown

Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 pm
Friend

YES! Go to Academic Superstore and click on the links. There are two levels of discount, one for college students and one for younger. There is also one for teachers but I didn't even bother to look. I think as a college student, you can get it for $400. Yes, the entire CS4 Design Premium!!!!

If you have a student ID, its easy, if you don't, I think you have to show grades or something from the school showing your enrollment.

Good luck!!!

Image Image

Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:48 pm
Friend

Wow, so you can benefit even if you just take a weekend or a "so many weeks" college course? I got the Design Premium CS3 Suite last year for 299.00, which included Photoshop Extended. I see the CS4 Suite also includes the Extended version of Photoshop and it's only $100 more - not bad. Journeyed and Academic Superstore seem to have competitive student pricing.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:13 pm
Friend

I don't know exactly what the requirements are so I don't know if a short course would work. But if I recall, you certainly did not have to be in a related subject. Its worth it for everyone to check before purchasing.

Image Image

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:23 pm
Designer (PT)

I got my CS3 through my son-a college student. Great discount-Illustrator is super duper for smoothing out the shakies--I love the way it does what I want, not what I'm telling it to do! Just can't figure out those darn conversions to photoshop...You're right-I need to take a class-thank you for the sites, Carol! I will check them out this afternoon!
DH got me a tremendous book on calligraphy, which I'm going to translate to Illustrator (I can do calligraphy with a pen, so it'll be a fairly easy transition-hopefully), and that's why I'm itching to learn much more about Illustrator-thing is, I need to start at the very beginning with the program...like how to make a new document...

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:42 am
Owner & Super Moderator

I'm enjoying the exchange here. Thanks all.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Sketch Queen

CarolZ wrote:
Ellie,
Be sure to check out Academic Superstore. If you have anyone in your family who is a student K-college, or if you are a teacher (I can't remember), you can get huge discounts. Don't pay full price for it.

;)

Yes, I 2nd that site.
Another thing to do, if school related is to go thru adobe. Great deals with them. Its a pain on their site, but...they are helpful on the phone.
m

Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:30 pm
Designer & Moderator

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out the student pricing. My daughter is a senior in high school... but she is taking college courses for credit so she has a college id. I'll have to check it out for sure!

My Blog
My Sum Scrapper Store

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:08 am