View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
What do you find as the biggest challenge in photography? 
Owner & Super Moderator

Post Re: What do you find as the biggest challenge in photography?
Andrea wrote:
I'm feeling like I have hi jacked this thread...If I did, didn't mean to!

I know, when you download your photos to your computer... if you left click you can pull up properties, but all that tells you is what camera you used and what date you shot the photo.....Is there a place where you can go to see, just what settings you used, once you have downloaded the photo... or do you have to carry a pad and pencil or a mini recorder..... :P

No you shouldn't have to use a pad and pencil. It would depend on what program you are using to look at your file. Canon came with EOS Utility viewer which you can see the file info with. I also use ACDSee file info and can see such info as: shutter speed value, Aperture value, ISO Speed ratings, exposure value, metering mode, Flash, focal length, white balance, focal length, etc.

Mon May 25, 2009 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Owner & Super Moderator

I've just posted alot of replies so you might need to read back through a number of them.

Mon May 25, 2009 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Bingo Mistress

Sonya wrote:
I've just posted alot of replies so you might need to read back through a number of them.

Hi Sonya....Just did a quick look see before work...WOW...Thanxs for the info. Will read more in detail when I get home tonight after the class....Tonight is on lighting!!!!! Please tell your honey thanxs also!!!!

Canon Rebel XS
18-55 AF IS F/3.5-5.6; 18-200 AF F/3.5-6.3 XR
Canon Power Shot XS100 IS 10x optical

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand......author unknown

Tue May 26, 2009 3:34 am
Bingo Mistress

kroberts wrote:
Andrea wrote:

I know, when you download your photos to your computer... if you left click you can pull up properties, but all that tells you is what camera you used and what date you shot the photo.....Is there a place where you can go to see, just what settings you used, once you have downloaded the photo... or do you have to carry a pad and pencil or a mini recorder..... :P

A, I think you can view the EXIF data in PSE somewhere but I downloaded the Opanda viewer at http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/ Works great!

Hi Kim.... Thanxs for the link.....Will check it out in the morning...a little brain dead tonight, got home a bit ago and was going over notes and recording....and just trying to digest it all....

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Tue May 26, 2009 7:33 pm
Bingo Mistress

Andrea wrote:
kroberts wrote:
Andrea wrote:

A, I think you can view the EXIF data in PSE somewhere but I downloaded the Opanda viewer at http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/ Works great!

Hi Kim.... Thanxs for the link.....Will check it out in the morning...a little brain dead tonight, got home a bit ago and was going over notes and recording....and just trying to digest it all....

Downloaded the link...Fantastic and whole lots of info... It will even tell you if your photo has been photoshopped!!!! Way to Cool!!!! Thanxs for the suggestion!!!!!

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Sat May 30, 2009 5:51 pm
Bingo Mistress

Sonya wrote:
Andrea wrote:

No you shouldn't have to use a pad and pencil. It would depend on what program you are using to look at your file. Canon came with EOS Utility viewer which you can see the file info with. I also use ACDSee file info and can see such info as: shutter speed value, Aperture value, ISO Speed ratings, exposure value, metering mode, Flash, focal length, white balance, focal length, etc.

Didn't realized that ACDSee did this...But then again, I haven't organized my kits as of yet either.....Will have to check this out! Thanxs!!!!

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Sat May 30, 2009 5:53 pm
Bingo Mistress

Been playing with shutter speeds and aperature settings...Really mind boggling to say the least... Got some decent shots of the Savannha (sp) Wildlife Perserve the other day...No wildlife....just swamp and marshland...except for the gator that was lurking to my right... Got a shot of him, but you can't see him.....Never did pick his head up to far enough to get a good look at him!!!!

Settings 1/60 F 16 ISO 100 Out of camera.... no photoshop!!

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Sat May 30, 2009 6:19 pm
Bingo Mistress

I think I found the lens that I want.... Would love to hear for all of you on the pros and cons of this..... Done the reviews and all the stats.... would really like to hear from people I know..... I am looking at an all around lens... so I don't have to keep changing, for what I like to do.... landscapes, water, scenery that sort of thing......also money factor....Tamron has a lens.....18-200mm (28-300mm for 35mm) AF F/3.5-6.3 xr DI ll Digital SLR... Everything I have read on the internet has been great except for a couple of reviews!!! to be expected!

Anyone care to give me a hand in this!!!! Would love to hear from you..... :)

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Sat May 30, 2009 6:33 pm
Owner & Super Moderator

Andrea wrote:
Been playing with shutter speeds and aperature settings...Really mind boggling to say the least... Got some decent shots of the Savannha (sp) Wildlife Perserve the other day...No wildlife....just swamp and marshland...except for the gator that was lurking to my right... Got a shot of him, but you can't see him.....Never did pick his head up to far enough to get a good look at him!!!!

Settings 1/60 F 16 ISO 100 Out of camera.... no photoshop!!

You did great here....sure wish I could see that gator lurking but glad he wasn't close enough to get you.

Sat May 30, 2009 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Owner & Super Moderator

Andrea wrote:
I think I found the lens that I want.... Would love to hear for all of you on the pros and cons of this..... Done the reviews and all the stats.... would really like to hear from people I know..... I am looking at an all around lens... so I don't have to keep changing, for what I like to do.... landscapes, water, scenery that sort of thing......also money factor....Tamron has a lens.....18-200mm (28-300mm for 35mm) AF F/3.5-6.3 xr DI ll Digital SLR... Everything I have read on the internet has been great except for a couple of reviews!!! to be expected!

Anyone care to give me a hand in this!!!! Would love to hear from you..... :)

When I read this I remember that you'd asked about lenses at one time...and I don't think I ever replied. Oops sorry.

I have no experience with the Tamron although I've heard they are ok. I have used sigma (not this range) and have been pleased with it compared with the money saved. The 18-200 sounds like one that would work for you.

Sat May 30, 2009 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next