View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Starting Classes!!!!! 
Designer (PT)

Post Re: Starting Classes!!!!!
It's exciting to share your learning experience Andie. I am thrilled!!

Fri May 08, 2009 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Bingo Mistress

No homework assignments this week.... Mikey suggested we take a local river cruise and see what we can see!!!!! We shall see!!!

Thought of the week!!!!

How do you get to Carniegie Hall........Practice....Practice.....Practice!!!!

Canon Rebel XS
18-55 AF IS F/3.5-5.6; 18-200 AF F/3.5-6.3 XR
Canon Power Shot XS100 IS 10x optical

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand......author unknown

Sat May 09, 2009 5:52 pm
Bingo Mistress

Had classes Tuesday night and I was so excited..... I knew I paid attention to Sonya's photo tips on Rule of Thirds and Leading Lines.... I wasn't lost at all. Also went over the types of photos, ex... portaits, action, landscapes, etc..... Different settings to use on how to change your depth of fields, and how to frame your photo with objects in the photo...It is mind boggling and exciting all at the same time. It is almost as though the lightbulb went off and it is making so much more sense now than it did before..... :P :P Thanxs Bunches Sonya!!!!!!

One other thing.... For those interested...Do you like to shoot B/W instead of taking a colored photo and converting..... Change the setting in your cmaera to shoot B/W and add a red filter to your lens.... Instructor had some of his photos for show and tell.... Total AWESOME!!!!!! Now you know I just had to get a red filter.... and take a ride down the street....maybe later this afternoon!!!

Next week is ISO's, aperature and all that good stuff.... Will be brain dead for sure!!!

Canon Rebel XS
18-55 AF IS F/3.5-5.6; 18-200 AF F/3.5-6.3 XR
Canon Power Shot XS100 IS 10x optical

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand......author unknown

Thu May 14, 2009 9:45 am
Owner & Super Moderator

Andrea wrote:
Had classes Tuesday night and I was so excited..... I knew I paid attention to Sonya's photo tips on Rule of Thirds and Leading Lines.... I wasn't lost at all. Also went over the types of photos, ex... portaits, action, landscapes, etc..... Different settings to use on how to change your depth of fields, and how to frame your photo with objects in the photo...It is mind boggling and exciting all at the same time. It is almost as though the lightbulb went off and it is making so much more sense now than it did before..... :P :P Thanxs Bunches Sonya!!!!!!

One other thing.... For those interested...Do you like to shoot B/W instead of taking a colored photo and converting..... Change the setting in your cmaera to shoot B/W and add a red filter to your lens.... Instructor had some of his photos for show and tell.... Total AWESOME!!!!!! Now you know I just had to get a red filter.... and take a ride down the street....maybe later this afternoon!!!

Next week is ISO's, aperature and all that good stuff.... Will be brain dead for sure!!!

I noticed that practice....practice....practice....and I was chuckling thinking that you were sounding like me. Hee hee. I'm glad that the photo tips I've given has helped. Like the Rule of Thirds and Leading lines, etc. One thing is I haven't tried the black and white with teh red filter. That sounds cool! So glad you're enjoying that class.

Thu May 14, 2009 8:01 pm
Profile WWW