View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Speed Scrap #03 (May 8- 9:00pm EST) 
Designer & Moderator

Post Speed Scrap #03 (May 8- 9:00pm EST)
We will be having our next evening speed scrap on Friday, May 8 at 9pm. I am trying different times of the week but if you have good times please do let me know by pm so I can have a record when choosing days and times. Ameri will be here from tonight until Fri. evening my time so I will not be able to have a chat before Friday the 8th. On that day I am going to hold a morning one and an evening one so hopefully everyone interested can join one of them.

It has been suggested that it would be fun to include a chat with the Speed Scraps so I will also be holding a Skype chat during that time for those interested. You do not need any special equipment to participate in the chat portion of Skype and it is free to download. If you are interested and need any further information on setting up Skype please don't hesitate to pm me. It is not necessary however for you to participate in the chat to be a part of the Speed Scrap. You can see the Speed Scrap rules for more information about how the speed scrap will work.

Be sure and sign in here so I know you are participating. I will post each step every 10 minutes from the start time here in this first post.

Sorry Folks, I miscalculated the time. Since it will get late for EST people I am going to begin now.

Our theme for the Scrap tonight is WATER.

Step 1
Choose a quote to match the theme.

Step 2
Choose one large photo. You will use this photo but you will also make at least 1 smaller photo from that larger one zooming in on something within the photo. I do this by making a selection around the portion I want to highlight and making a copy of that on another layer. This will become your smaller photo. You can tentatively place these on your page but you can move them around as you do steps 3 and 4. Do not add shadows or bevels yet please.

Step 3
Choose a background paper and two coordinating papers to cut shapes or strips out of to place behind your photos. Play around with their placement now.

Step 4
Add text to three different places in your page. This can be a title, date and the quote or any combination but it needs to be in three different locations on your page and three different font sizes. You can use different fonts if you like but it is not necessary.

Step 5
Choose 3 elements ONLY for your page and add them now.They can be large or small and grouped how you like but please use 3. You can make something yourself using the tools in your design program if you choose.

Step 6
Add the final touches, using shadows, outlines and bevels to add depth and interest. You may move things around on the page if you like but hopefully you do not need to add anything else to complete your page.

All of the steps have now been posted. I look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery. Since we started late, I am calculating the time from 9:30 instead of 9:00pm. So you have until midnight, 12:00pm EST to complete and upload your page to the gallery. I hope you have enjoyed this SpeedScrap and have a page completed you are happy with.

http://www.rhondastreasurebox.com/

Mon May 04, 2009 9:56 pm
Designer & Moderator

Post Re: Speed Scrap #03 (May 8- 9:00pm EST)
I shall have to see. I usually work on Fridays. :)

Tue May 05, 2009 7:39 am
Designer & Moderator

I'd like to do both the AM & the PM speed scraps if I can. I'm pretty sure I can be here for the AM one but the PM might be harder to get to.

My Blog
My Sum Scrapper Store

Tue May 05, 2009 7:51 am
Designer & Moderator

Sorry you work on Friday Marcie, I am just planning on trying to offer them several different days of the week in a month so that everyone can participate. I will change the rules some so that we don't do the exact one over again. People who want to follow the steps and do their own and try and do the same time frame are always welcome to add their link for their page even after the scrap is over. Even that can be fun but you just aren't doing it with the group.

http://www.rhondastreasurebox.com/

Tue May 05, 2009 10:00 am
Friend

I think I'd like to try this and hope to be available.

Tue May 05, 2009 11:21 am
Designer & Moderator

It's okay Rhonda. If my doctor does not download during the week, I work on Friday Nights. If he does then I have a only a little bit to do on Friday night. If that is the case, then I can maybe make it. I will definetly try to catch some of your other ones. :)

Tue May 05, 2009 12:38 pm
Friend

My plan is to be here! :) :)

Tue May 05, 2009 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Friend

I'm gonna TRY to be here for this one!!!

Canon Rebel xsi, 18-55mm, 28-135 mm, 500 close up lens filter

http://veejayr.wordpress.com/

Tue May 05, 2009 7:27 pm
New Friend

I hope to be here for this one also. Thanks, Rhonda. :D

Wed May 06, 2009 6:26 am
Bingo Mistress

I am so hoping to be here for this one...Very disappointed for missing the last one.... This will be my first...!!!! Looking forward to it! :P :P

Canon Rebel XS
18-55 AF IS F/3.5-5.6; 18-200 AF F/3.5-6.3 XR
Canon Power Shot XS100 IS 10x optical

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand......author unknown

Wed May 06, 2009 1:33 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next