View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
What do you find as the biggest challenge in photography? 
Friend

Post Re: What do you find as the biggest challenge in photography?
Yes, I got the rule of thirds thingy. My DH got it on there tho when he used it and I don't know how he did it!!!

Sun May 24, 2009 5:44 pm
Bingo Mistress

MsKaty wrote:
Yes, I got the rule of thirds thingy. My DH got it on there tho when he used it and I don't know how he did it!!!

Bummer Kay.....When he remembers.... please tell!!!!!! I will forever be in your debt GF!!!!! You really need to come back to Florida for a visit!!!!!

Canon Rebel XS
18-55 AF IS F/3.5-5.6; 18-200 AF F/3.5-6.3 XR
Canon Power Shot XS100 IS 10x optical

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand......author unknown

Sun May 24, 2009 5:49 pm
Sketch Queen

Loving the read of this thread. Andrea, your photos are looking really good.

I do finally 'get' what the photo comp. and settings should be, but....it seems like I don't have the time to make them happen, before the photo moment is lost. And, I usually have the wrong lens for that 'capture' the moment. :roll:

For example: Friday, Bill yells..hurry bring camera. So I grab it (18-55 lens is on). Run from "my office" to the dining room window, where there is a big bird in the yard with something black in its feet. I quick just clicked, through the blinds, the window and screen plus screen porch. Ran to get big lens (70-300), too late, bird was gone.
It turned out to be a big hawk, who caught a black bird. Then there were about 100 more birds just swarming, and squacking. The sound was deafening!!! 'Dinner' must have been one of their family members. I did not know birds were family oriented.

Have not DL the photo yet. Not sure I want to, but it was raw and manual I think.

Mon May 25, 2009 5:10 am
Friend

Hi A! On my Canon xsi, I can only use the grid in "live mode" which means you use the LCD screen instead of the view finder (which I do not find useful at all and especially not for my 365 blog) and the setting are minimal, so I don't bother. Then I use the grid shape in PSE and overlay it on my photo to crop. I am noticing that the more I practice with an imaginary grid, the closer I'm coming to not needing to crop - unless I'm going for a special effect.

Andrea wrote:
Here we go......

Somewhere I read or heard that you can pull up a grid into your view finder or LCD screen....I have looked and looked at my users guide and even the digital field guide that I have and I haven't found anything on it.... Did I imagine this????? Anyone know of this?????

Canon Rebel xsi, 18-55mm, 28-135 mm, 500 close up lens filter

http://veejayr.wordpress.com/

Mon May 25, 2009 6:52 am
Friend

Andrea, I forgot to ask what camera you are using? We have the grid lines on the Sony (Power Shot DSC-HX1) and the Canon S5 and SX10. I didn't check all the others. LOL

On the Canon SX10 at least, you go to Menu, under the camera icon, Custom Display, grid lines!! I can chose either the LCD or view finder. Those things are showing on the Sony but I didn't see how to do it easily. I will read the book--which doesn't seem to have an index!!

Mon May 25, 2009 11:54 am
Bingo Mistress

msbrad wrote:
Loving the read of this thread. Andrea, your photos are looking really good.

I do finally 'get' what the photo comp. and settings should be, but....it seems like I don't have the time to make them happen, before the photo moment is lost. And, I usually have the wrong lens for that 'capture' the moment. :roll:

Thanxs Michi.... Almost to the point of the comp and thirds as they go. Still wanted the "grid" just as a safety net for awhile...especially when playing on the fly with the shutter speeds and f stops!!!!

Don't believe you ran thru the house again....Remember what happened the last time!!!!! :shock:

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Mon May 25, 2009 4:02 pm
Bingo Mistress

veejayr wrote:
Hi A! On my Canon xsi, I can only use the grid in "live mode" which means you use the LCD screen instead of the view finder (which I do not find useful at all and especially not for my 365 blog) and the setting are minimal, so I don't bother. Then I use the grid shape in PSE and overlay it on my photo to crop. I am noticing that the more I practice with an imaginary grid, the closer I'm coming to not needing to crop - unless I'm going for a special effect.

Andrea wrote:
Here we go......

Somewhere I read or heard that you can pull up a grid into your view finder or LCD screen....I have looked and looked at my users guide and even the digital field guide that I have and I haven't found anything on it.... Did I imagine this????? Anyone know of this?????

Hi V.... Thanxs for the reply.... Too bad it can't be in the view finder.... I like the LCD screen where I can see the settings vs a photo. Have my display set for just secs....I use the grid in PSE for working on my photos.....

Still need lots and lots and lots and lots of practice, practice, practice!!!! ;)

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Mon May 25, 2009 4:05 pm
Bingo Mistress

Also V...Thanxs for the reminder about putting what we have in the sig line.... I kept forgetting to do this!!!!

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Mon May 25, 2009 4:06 pm
Bingo Mistress

MsKaty wrote:
Andrea, I forgot to ask what camera you are using? We have the grid lines on the Sony (Power Shot DSC-HX1) and the Canon S5 and SX10. I didn't check all the others. LOL

On the Canon SX10 at least, you go to Menu, under the camera icon, Custom Display, grid lines!! I can chose either the LCD or view finder. Those things are showing on the Sony but I didn't see how to do it easily. I will read the book--which doesn't seem to have an index!!

Got it GF at least on the Power Shot..... Thanxs Bunches!!!!!

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Mon May 25, 2009 4:08 pm
Bingo Mistress

I'm feeling like I have hi jacked this thread...If I did, didn't mean to!

I know, when you download your photos to your computer... if you left click you can pull up properties, but all that tells you is what camera you used and what date you shot the photo.....Is there a place where you can go to see, just what settings you used, once you have downloaded the photo... or do you have to carry a pad and pencil or a mini recorder..... :P

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Mon May 25, 2009 5:10 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next