View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
What do you find as the biggest challenge in photography? 
Bingo Mistress

Post Re: What do you find as the biggest challenge in photography?
Just found this thread... Gonna cheat abit and copy/paste from and earlier post.... Hope nobody minds..... I think my biggest challenge will be understanding all the different combo of settings you can use to get to one place. The instructor of the classes that I am taking has said time and time again... there is more than one way to get to the "perfect" shot. Just like with PSE and the PCS programs.... more than one way to get the same results.....

Here is last Tuesday class....

Had classes Tuesday night and I was so excited..... I knew I paid attention to Sonya's photo tips on Rule of Thirds and Leading Lines.... I wasn't lost at all. Also went over the types of photos, ex... portraits, action, landscapes, etc..... Different settings to use on how to change your depth of fields, and how to frame your photo with the objects in the photo...It is mind boggling and exciting all at the same time. It is almost as though the lightbulb went off and it is making so much more sense now than it did before..... Thanxs Bunches Sonya!!!!!!

One other thing.... For those interested...Do you like to shoot B/W instead of taking a colored photo and converting..... Change the setting in your cmaera to shoot B/W and add a red filter to your lens.... Instructor had some of his photos for show and tell.... Total AWESOME!!!!!! Now you know I just had to get a red filter.... and take a ride down the street....maybe later this afternoon!!!

Next week is ISO's, aperature and all that good stuff.... Will be brain dead for sure!!!

Canon Rebel XS
18-55 AF IS F/3.5-5.6; 18-200 AF F/3.5-6.3 XR
Canon Power Shot XS100 IS 10x optical

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand......author unknown

Thu May 14, 2009 5:41 pm
Owner & Super Moderator

Andrea I don't mind at all. Glad you did. It's fun to see what it is that challenges each of us. You're right on that understanding all the combo of settings.

Thu May 14, 2009 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Friend

Oh Gosh, where have I been! I am with Jodee and others who want to get off the auto setting. We are camera crazy here and buy when a new one comes out! DH has some of the Canon Rebels, the 20D and 40D then discovered Sony. He's had 3 of them, gave one to my son and the last one....that one I really like!... is the DSC HX1. It takes HD movies!!! It also does some other things that caught my fancy too. I think we have 3 little point and shoot cameras to carry in pockets. My Canon Elf --SD890 IS, is my fav for that. I have the S2, S5 and the SX10 IS. Whew!!! Does anyone want to buy an only slightly used camera? LOL
But, my challenge--is understanding ISO's, aperature, f stops and shutter speeds..... and just taking pleasing photos! Macros, lighting, depth of field........ All that stuff challenges me!!! I just wish I was closer to Andrea so I could go to class with her!!! A it sounds great!!

Thu May 14, 2009 8:51 pm
Bingo Mistress

Kay....Wish you were closer also.... I have a weekend class coming up in mid June, 2 days 8 hours each.... Gonna have to see if I can record these 2 classes!!!!! Check out the local college and see if they run this type of thing..That's how I found this weekend class!!!

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Fri May 15, 2009 3:32 am
Bingo Mistress

I am finding these classes very exciting and sometimes I am so lost it is unreal. Michael has been going with me and he already knows about the ISO's, aperature and shutter speeds from using his 35mm NikonF (oldie oldie). We recorded the class and now it is time to practice, what we (I) have learned. I did an assignment on last weeks class of just changing different settings and so forth. I have always loved a good b/w... So that is what I did and used a red filter as suggested. I really like how it made the sky dark, but kept the clouds white.... Still have lots of practicing to do and I'm looking forward to the weekend class coming up in June.

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Thu May 21, 2009 11:19 am
Owner & Super Moderator

Boy that is a good picture. What a great thing you're doing.

Thu May 21, 2009 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Bingo Mistress

Thanxs Sonya..... It was fun taking these B/W's.... Do have some questions for you...I need to go over some notes first and make sure that I kinda understand, just what I wanna ask... In the meantime, I gotta go to work!!!! :cry: :cry:

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Fri May 22, 2009 4:52 am
Owner & Super Moderator

I'll be waiting.

Fri May 22, 2009 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Bingo Mistress

Sonya wrote:
I'll be waiting.

You may be sorry!!!!!! :) :) Just remember...Love ya GF and I work for CVS Pharmacy...so I can supply the Advil!!!!! :)

Gonna start here.... When you take a photo and you are on "M", Your settings are F.8 1/250 and ISO 100. Your photo is underexposed.... is it safe to say that I should have used a higher f stop..... I understand for everytime you make an adjustment to the "triangle" it has to be equal.... I was taking some "motion/action", and they were "dark".. when I turned the dial to AV... they came out pretty good!! In doing manual...the action was good...but that is all!!! Would it be feasible to use the Av and Tv mode as a guide, to get the hang of the adjustments made in manual???? Help me Sonya....!!!!

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Sat May 23, 2009 5:46 pm
Bingo Mistress

Here we go......

Somewhere I read or heard that you can pull up a grid into your view finder or LCD screen....I have looked and looked at my users guide and even the digital field guide that I have and I haven't found anything on it.... Did I imagine this????? Anyone know of this?????

Canon Rebel XS

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember

Sun May 24, 2009 3:17 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next