View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 am

What type of printer do you use? 
Owner & Super Moderator

Post What type of printer do you use?
Please share with us what type of printer you use, why you like it, and any other great information you have on the subject.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Friend

Post Re: What type of printer do you use?
I have an HP Photosmart all-in-one (printer, scanner, copier) that has been a workhorse in the past year when I've printed pics for my in-law's 50th and then my parent's! It does a great job on HP SOft Gloss photo paper. I also have a Kodak EasyShare that prints 4x6 size and have printed many, many pics on it in the 6 years I've had it. If either of them give up today, they've been well worth what they cost!

Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:27 am
Profile WWW
Owner & Super Moderator

What is the cost do you think of printing a page there at home approximately? Also how do they seem to hold up in time? Again....curious.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
New Friend

I have an HP Photosmart printer. It is about 3 years old and strictly a printer. The pages I print are all on HP photo paper - soft gloss. One of the things I love about it is the fact that it can do borderless printing. It has a special photo gray cartridge that really brings out the detail in the pictues. My only complaint - it doesn't do card stock well. The colors look all washed out and I have never figured out why. My little HP inkjet did cards much better but unfortunately it died after about 5 or 6 years of hard use.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:00 pm
Sketch Queen

I have 2.
HP 7960-strictly a printer. Does a fantastic job.
HP 380-print-scan-copy. Not bad.

I want an epson R1800 or 1900.
m

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:08 am
Designer & Moderator

I love my Canon! It works best when I use genuine Canon ink and Canon paper. I've used other brand paper, usually cheaper, but when I want a truly great photo print the branded stuff is best. It's the i865 so its a few years old already and I would love to upgrade - have to earn a few more $$$s first. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Theodor Seuss Giesel

Blog: http://dusty-digitals.blogspot.com/
Web: http://dustydigitals.selsmark.com/

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:39 am
Designer (PT)

I used to be an HP girl until I purchased my first Canon & I'll always be a Canon girl!

My original HP photo printer died several years ago & I purchased an Epson (can't remember the model, but 5 yrs. ago it was the top of the line wide format printer). It was so noisy I returned it after 3 days. The sales rep said that's the main reason they are returned. I traded for a Canon i9900 (wide format printer) & it was absolutely the best printer I've ever owned. I absolutely loved it! Sadly, last year it died after 4 yrs. I turned it on & nothing happened! Believe it or not, although I had not been able to find anyone locally, I have not been able to bring myself to throw it out. Earlier this week I talked to a PC tech who gave me the number for a local guy who repairs printers. I'm going to call him next week to see if he can revive my i9900. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Currently I have a Canon MP-190 (multi-function) that I purchased when it was on special b/c I needed a copier/fax. Mother has a smaller Canon that does a pretty good job, but neither of these come close to the beautiful quality of my old i9900.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Bingo Mistress

I have a HP all in one office jet... Does a great job, have had it going on 3 years....I can do @ 18-22 8x10's on a tank of tri colored ink and I use HP soft gloss paper.... Just waiting for it to take it's last breath and then will move up to a wide format printer.... But until then... very happy with what I have!!! :P

Canon Rebel XS
18-55 AF IS F/3.5-5.6; 18-200 AF F/3.5-6.3 XR
Canon Power Shot XS100 IS 10x optical

I hear and I forget
I see and I remember
I do and I understand......author unknown

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:35 am
Designer (PT)

EPSON--all the way! I love it! Had an HP and the inks smeared when wet (as does the one at work), but the Epson doesn't smear. It is the CX4800, which scans as well, but my HP scanner (or former scanner) did a much better job of scanning. Can't have it all, I guess.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:51 pm