View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:32 am

Mac Laptop or PC Laptop 
Designer & Moderator

Post Re: Mac Laptop or PC Laptop
Oh you are all so right Carol and Nita - it's not just the machine, it is all the fluff that goes with it! I did just buy PS CS4 Nita, educational price thank heavens, and I know I would have to buy it again plus all the other things. It is bringing the total to something I don't think in all conscience I can actually spend - especially not with DH not well, the money may be needed for medical things and to be honest, I'd rather spend it on keeping him as well as he can be than have a new computer (but I've told him it is a tough call!!! :lol: )

Perhaps I can afford Lotto tickets instead! But oh boy, if I had the money that Mac and all its goodies would be on order so-o-o-o fast!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Theodor Seuss Giesel

Blog: http://dusty-digitals.blogspot.com/
Web: http://dustydigitals.selsmark.com/

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:12 pm
Designer (PT)

Hmmm, my son has a Mac, and when he comes to our PC based house, he uses our wireless network just fine, as well as our printer.
He has Windows for his Mac, so he's able to use all of the PC based programs on his Mac, as well as his Mac operating system. I'm saving my pennies. Look out, Mac, here I come! (in a year or 2).

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:10 am
Friend

Meegan,
That's good to know if I could ever convince my husband! He swears I will have problems if I switch over. To be honest, I love my friend's Mac, but I have not had any problems with my PC's over the years. Yes, there are a few glitches but I've never had any of the major issues others seem to have. The one thing we are certain NOT to do is upgrade as soon as a new version comes out. We wait about 8 months or so to let them get the bugs out, so we use all the other PC people as guinea pigs :o and then when we finally upgrade, the patches are all in place! Ta da!

Image Image

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:18 am
Designer (PT)

I go absolutely loony when PC has one of their "automatic" updates because it messes with the number pad driver on my laptop--every single time. Of course, I go whining to my son to fix it, and he always has to download new drivers and install them. I ought to learn to do it myself, but now I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that I use with my laptop, which is raised up so my neck doesn't kink up, and I have my EHD and tablet plugged in, too. It's quite the lovely-in a very awkward sort of way,-setup.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 pm
Friend

That is what I don't understand about Windows... I have all the auto updates turned on and I NEVER have trouble with anything the next day. Ever. I'm not kidding. We've got two computers at home, both running Vista, and at my mom's in our home office, we have a laptop and two desktops on Vista and an old machine running on XP.

The only issue I have right now is the laptop not being able to use a driver for the big, OLD office printer we bought used. The universal drivers aren't so universal! :lol:

Image Image

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:58 pm