[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Sum Scrapper - View topic - Happy New Year!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:29 pm

Happy New Year! 
Designer & Moderator

Post Happy New Year!
Hope everyone had a wonderful New Years Holiday. Mine was wonderful...spending all our time with family and friends. How was your holiday?

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:52 am
Owner & Super Moderator

Post Re: Happy New Year!
Ellie....I too would like to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Wishing everyone a better year in 2010. Boy that is going to take some time to get used to the 2010.

I had a good New Year's day....recovering from the whirlwind events of the last several days.....whoops....several weeks (all the kids home for Christmas, Christmas, traveling on winter roads, wedding, etc.) Some of you may know I've been away to my son's wedding in another state on Dec 30th. Now I have an open house to finish preparing for on Jan 9th.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Sketch Queen

Happy New Year. I am looking forward to 2010.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:46 am
Designer & Moderator

I'm still geting stuff reupload afer my edh failed. I hoping soon I'll be back in business. :)

Happy new Year to you all.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:38 pm
Designer & Moderator

Oh, no! :o I wonderered why I hadn't seen you much. I hope you didn't loose much.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 am
Designer & Moderator

Yeah it is keep me busy. I think i only lost about a months worht of stuff that I downloaded. Mainly freebe stuff, but the rest was backed up to disk. Just had not gotten to that yet. I also lost all my layouts done in 2009 only about dozen of those and my 2008 psd layouts. I have access to the jpeg versions of the 2008 though. It was also printed. :)

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:21 am
Owner & Super Moderator

Oh Marcie...it sounds worse than what you told me! YIKKES!!! All your LO in 2009?!! I had that happen to me about a year ago. I can't imagine! Sure makes one take stock in backups. SAD!! I've gotten lazy in backing up too...guess I better get busy since I live "Murphy's Law!"

What was the name brand of those EHD? I know I don't trust the one brand any more that is for sure. Western Digital "My books". Great price for not such a reliable backup.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Designer & Moderator

Yeah it is bad, but I'm glad I have backed up what I have. I am kicking myself though as all my kits I saved the zip files on disk instead of the unzipped versions. So it it taking twice as long! I'm really hoping to finish this batch before the weekend, then I have another set to do yet. I'm usually working on my tax stuff this time of year. I may switch over and do that then come back to what else needs done!

Oh sure now tell me that. I have the western Digital My book! In fact my new drive is the same brand! So i'm not happy to hear about that at all. The ehd control fried basically for me. So I had to get a replacement drive for that one too. We found the same model number drive and hoped it would control the old one. it does not, but I have two western digitals drives. I may have to research, but hubby swears by these and well you know. it has to be "his" idea.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:35 pm
Owner & Super Moderator

Is there something I can do from here (shoppe) with your kits to help out? Yep...that time of the year for tax stuff. Saturday was the open house so of course last week was busy in getting ready for that. Then Monday I organized all the stuff into boxes, washing tablecloths, packing, returning borrowed items, etc. Tuesday I worked my regular job and today I took my youngest to the orthodontic dentist in Billings which is an all day process. Now I got to get all my bookwork items caught up for taxes. :roll: Never ending. hee hee ;)

Yep I don't trust those WD EHD anymore. I have them but I certainly don't rely on them. They are like Temp backups not my main ones. I did lots of research and purchased two different kinds of EHD from NewEgg and put them into action on Nov 2008.
One is a Sumsung:
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Item #: N82E16822152102
The other is Hitachi:
HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 HDS721010KLA330 (0A35155) 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive Item #: N82E16822145167
So far they haven't given me any trouble.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Designer & Moderator

Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind for my next purcahse. I've heard Maxtor are good ones too.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 pm