[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Sum Scrapper - View topic - To the beach!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:34 pm

To the beach! 
Designer & Moderator

Post To the beach!
Just to let everyone know, I'm leaving for the Beach Friday morning. I'll be back on Sunday. I will have internet access, but I don't know how relyable it will be. I will pop in when I can and hopefully get the bingo names too. :) If anyone is collecting them, let me know and I'll contact you when I get back if I don't have them. :)

Also I'm working on those coupons for the point system. Hoping to have them to Sonya this morning and she'll get them to you then. Got waylayed by a new kit. :)

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:39 am
Friend

Post Re: To the beach!
Have a great time at the beach, Marcie! I believe it's going to be nice weather this weekend. Just curious, what beach is closest for you--do you have to travel to the coast? Don't forget to take a lot of pics to scrap!

I am collecting the bingo names if you need them; just let me know!

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:53 pm
Designer & Moderator

We usually go to either Ocean City, MD or Wildwood NJ. This time it's Wildwood NJ. We actually prefer the Outer banks, but that's a long haul for a quick weekend trip.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:57 pm
Designer & Moderator

Have a wonderful time, Marcie. Can't wait to see pictures!

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:54 am
Friend

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:20 pm
Sketch Queen

Hope you had a great time Marcie. We got home last night.
m

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:43 am
Designer & Moderator

Had a wonderful time. I'll come back later to fill everyone in then. Got home at almost 1am. Need to finish unloading, putting away, and getting laundry started.

A kit? Geez, I didn't even get the chance to get on the computer. Oh the internet I supposedly was supposed to have? Was nonexhisitant!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:34 am
Designer & Moderator

We had a great time. Friday it rained all day. And our 3 hour trip took 7 hours! That's the Schullkill expressway for you. Saturday and Sunday was gorgeous. Went to Sunset beach on Saturday and the kids collect rocks and shells. This beach apparently has "Diamonds" well they are quartz on the beach. THe kids had a blast looking for them. Although after all that walking on them my feet still hurt! We then tried to get seafood that night, but the first place we went to was a bit more than what we wanted. Tried to go someplace else and the kids started fallening asleep so we had chicken. :) The next day we went to Wildwood beach. Nice soft sand! Yeah. But we had terrible winds and the water was colder! Ended up with sand everywhere and still had fun. THe kids got a bunch of shells again. We are going to make stepping stones out of them too. :) Tried to get seafood again and had to drop me and the kids off at the park prior to them fallening asleep. Sent Hubby to go and get them and bring them back. Apparently you can not get crabs at the NJ beach. I've never been to the NJ beach hubby's family has. I actually prefer to drive to the Outerbanks instead. We thought the quick trip to NJ would be easier on the kids. Had we known about the 7 hour drive time, we would have just gone to the Outerbanks. Oh and we were supposed to have internet access while we were there. Well only if you paid for it. Since hubby is unemployed now, that was a no go!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:09 am
New Friend

Wow, Marcie, long trip to get to the beach. But since you had 2 sunny days I'm sure you enjoyed yourself. This is my 3rd summer in FL and I have yet to get to the beach. Since my oldest daughter is living here with me now maybe we will see the ocean I hope, before the hurricanes come blowing in. Isn't it strange that it can be hard to find fresh seafood at the beach, unless you want to pay an enormous sum? When you have small children those really are not the places one looks for. I've experienced that at VA beach and Myrtle beach.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:51 am
Designer & Moderator

Good grief Karin. 3 years and no beach! Get your self to the beach girl. :) Yes that is what we found out and enormous sum!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:51 pm