View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 7:58 am

Embarrassing 
Owner & Super Moderator

Post Embarrassing
Well I typed the wrong password to many times to the forum and then I had troubles reading the code to type in to get in. Nothing like being locked out of your own forum for week or two. :oops: Tonight I was able to get in finally. I'm wondering if I might need new glasses or something to read that code better. :roll:

Fri May 28, 2010 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Friend

Post Re: Embarrassing
I don't know about you, Sonya, but I've worn glasses most of my life and my prescription changed every year until I hit a certain age. So I don't know what my excuse is now but sometimes I feel like I have to blink to clear my eyes when I am on the computer or trying to read, so now I'll have to blame it on needing to change my glasses; because, I did not have this problem until last year when I purchased my glasses at Pearle Vision Center. This year it's back to Lenscrafters for me! I always knew what I was getting at Lenscrafters; when I asked at Pearle, she said "yeah, they're polycarbonate lenses" with no further explanation. (They have different 'levels' of PC lenses at Lenscrafters - I really don't know what they have at Pearle as she was not very forthcoming with the info!). So I feel (and hope) that it's my lenses that are inferior in this case, not my eyes!

On another note, I have been wanting to tell you that I saw your son's wedding photos on FB, and the wedding looked wonderful! Especially lovely was the photo of you and your husband! That would look beautiful in a 12x12 digiscrap layout and framed!

I don't go on FB much, but when I do, I just check out what is going on with my friends. I don't correspond much thru there, if at all, except maybe once and a while by private message. I'm just really leery of their "privacy" settings.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:31 pm
Designer & Moderator

I'm so glad you finally got back in Sonya. :D I'm beginning to have trouble with smaller texts/fonts. It's quite frustrating at times. :lol:

My Blog
My Sum Scrapper Store

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:01 am
Owner & Super Moderator

Diane....like you I have worn glasses starting in about 5th grade. I like your explanation. My lenses have little scratches all over. My eyes have changed at least in the reading part of the lens. I really need new ones but that is on hold for now.

Thank you for the kind words on the wedding pictures on fb. I need to do more with those but like so many other things they are on hold for another day. ;) Work seems to take up many hours of my week. :D With my big family, extended family and family all over that is what I use to stay connected with them. I do need to learn more about that privacy thing because they keep changing it from what I hear. I don't blame you on being "leery". I been bombarded with lots of spamming emails and I've been wondering if it's because of fb.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
Friend

Yeah, Sonya, I'm not so sure of those "privacy" settings either. I know (thru my son) that there are ways you can have certain people see only certain things, and other people can see different things - but I have no idea how to do that. So I don't put too much personal info on there because I am not sure who sees what! I don't even have a photo avatar on there - just another star graphic! And anyone who doesn't know me that sees my profile only can see that I'm 'married' - no other info!

I have a friend who puts every little detail of everyone in her family on it and I've tried to warn her, but she believes she has her privacy covered. (I think I am more computer savvy than her, so I think she is just deluding herself about that!).

Just the other day, I got an email in my spam folder and I recognized the name of a friend of my friend in the address. I emailed my friend and she, in turn, went onto that friend's FB page and she had put a message on FB that her email had been compromised (so, of course, I deleted that spam email without opening). Her direct FB friend did not get the spam mail, but I did??? We both wondered about how that happened.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:20 pm
Owner & Super Moderator

Yea I've been hearing some weird things with it. My son is going to be coming and I think he's going to help me with FB. Thanks for sharing your story.....

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:53 pm
Profile WWW