View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:09 am

Where do you get your scrapbooks printed? 
Designer (PT)

Post Re: Where do you get your scrapbooks printed?
I've used WinkFlash a few times, and have never been disappointed! I even had glass cutting boards made of layouts for Christmas gifts...
can't beat the price (on sale), and the quality is great.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:57 pm
Designer & Moderator

For any Aussies out there - I have been using BigW Photos Online. They go through Fuji so it is really them doing the printing. It is a bit of a hassle doing all the work online but I have worked out the best way to go is to create full size pages off line and then up load them as jpgs. They deliver quickly and I have been pleased with the result.

The other thing I've learned is to have a book ready and waiting because they often have week long specials that are REALLY good value.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Theodor Seuss Giesel

Blog: http://dusty-digitals.blogspot.com/
Web: http://dustydigitals.selsmark.com/

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:17 pm
Owner & Super Moderator

Don't you just love those specials! Winkflash does the same thing, so like you I try to have them ready to go so when a special comes I can take advantage of them.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Designer & Moderator

Great ideas, ladies! I've used Shutterfly for calendars and other projects and like them. But I haven't had pages printed anywhere yet. haha Most of them are saved on my EHD. I need to get going on printing them soon. I have printed a bunch though here at home on my computer so I could give them for a gift.

ImageMY BLOGImage

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Owner & Super Moderator

I had mine saved on an EHD too and it crashed. Fortunately I had it backed up. That's when I decided I better get them printed in case something like that happens again and I don't have a backup. It is soooo fun to see it in a book and all printed up nice.

Personally I think it comes out cheaper to have it professionally printed up at these placse where they have sales on them than using your printer. Those inks and papers can get pricey too. I also think the quality will be better in the long run. Of course, personal opinion and I'm sure others will have theirs too. ;)

I did alot of research to where to have them printed at a decent price. Wink Flash at the time had a great price. I got 100 pages printed (12x12 size) for about $24.99. That was a fantastic price. They do that about four times a year. Otherwise you get 20 pages for that price.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Designer & Moderator

I think it's good to hear everyone's ideas and experiences! I had been wondering what was cheaper, using your own printer or sending it out. I'm sure if you can get those good deals like that, that would definitely be the cheaper and easier way to go. I'll have to start watching for deals. :)

ImageMY BLOGImage

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Designer & Moderator

I've never been ready for winkflash. I keep trying though. :) I'm using Viovio and I love their pricing s it never changes since they are so cheap to begin with. I don't see a difference between them and shutterfly expect price. Check them out too Michelle in case you are not ready when the other sales are going on. I too like Sonya feel that buying through viovio or whereever on sale is better than my home printer. I usually have my book finished by September, and wish it was sooner, but I can't wait for the sales since I need it for Christmas. :)

Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Friend

I've had pages printed at Scrapping Simply. They are $1.99 for a 12x12 page and are absolutely gorgeous. I know this is cheaper than my Costco and definitely cheaper than Shutterfly individual pages. And no, I don't work for them :D

You can get them cheaper if you email them and tell them you have a bulk order. I got some for $1.29 per page once, which looks like the same price as WinkFlash. I will have to check them out too.

This is definitely cheaper than my printer. I have a large format color HP printer and I love it, but I don't use it for layouts very often due to the cost of the paper and ink. I think I figured out that it costs me about $4.00 to print at home!!! Yikes!!!

Image Image

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:57 am
Designer & Moderator

$4.00?? WoW That is probably about right. For singles sheets those prices are wonderful. Will have to check them out. For me I love those books I get. :)

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:06 am
Designer (PT)

Quote:
I had mine saved on an EHD too and it crashed. Fortunately I had it backed up.

Good heavens, what do you mean your ehd crashed????? HOw did you have it backed up????
You're freaking me out here!

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:08 am