View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Where do you get your scrapbooks printed? 
Designer & Moderator

Post Re: Where do you get your scrapbooks printed?
Meegan they can crash just like your hard drive. i beleive she backup to a disk. At least that is what I do. As I make them I save them off to disk. Just the psd files. That way I can fix them later on if need be. Then when the year is done, I do a book each year, I do another full backup. I keep one set with all my disk and one set with the book. :) I aslo do the same for the photos. That way years down the road the book has the photos and layouts together no hunting. Unless of course the disk went bad. Some people use carbonite to do their backups too. That one does it ever night, but there is a cost factor there. That's not something I can afford right now so a disk works for me. I get the cheap ones, and have my program allow me to burn mutliple times to it. :)

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:22 am
Owner & Super Moderator

Don't mean to freak you out there. But in the last 2 years I've had 3-4 EHD go bad. I have decided that Western Digital (My Book) have some great prices for the EHD but they don't last before going bad. So I've learned to keep a backup EHD so if one goes bad I have another. But that is after I lost one with data on it that can't really be retrieved. I've learned the hard way. I now stay away from Western Digitals because I don't trust them for storage of crucial data. So I've researched and purchased other brand names for EHD and so far they are working good. Yet I still keep a backup of those too just in case.

One thing on the Western Digital (My Book) hard drives, the thing that goes bad is power supply. So hubby will take it apart and put the HD into an encloser with a power supply and we can save the data. Then I'll use that disk for temp storage. But I've had two of them eventually go bad so I don't trust my data to it.

Hope that helps.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:25 am
Profile WWW
Designer & Moderator

Yikes WD? That is my hard drive. well I do backup maybe I should be backing up again. :)

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:31 am